Friday, June 27, 2008

Our Little Samoan Fish Girl

This was Ari today at Cherry Hill. She has been jumping off the edge of the pool without any assistance since last year. Today we decided to let her wear this swimming suit, and not the one with the built in life jacket. We were much more cautious with her, because we weren't sure how she would do. Well, as you can see, she advanced from her simple jump into the pool, into a full on front flipp. Mike and I just looked at each other and laughed. My mother-in-law was sure her fearlessness was due to her padded suit. I guess you were wrong mom. Here is the funny part. I have her currently enrolled in Level 1 swimming lessons at the Farmington pool. One of her two instructors is a very cute blonde super tan highschool kid. Yesterday he took her class over to jump off the edge in the 5ft. water. Ari had to hold the cute boys hands while she jumped into his arms. What a flirt!!! I am definately scared for the teenage years.

3 comments:

Palagi Mama said...

YEAH! FINALLY WE SEE EVIDENCE YOU ARE ALIVE. WAY TO GO. I THINK MY BLOG ADDRESS IS SamoanSound@blogspot.com. I'll have to recheck that.

Anonymous said...

Your kid is BRAVE! My kids are not... I'm going to show them Ari's video, and maybe they'll want to prove themselves. :)

BECCA said...

wow thats awesome